Day 11: Today introduce yourself to someone you know but never speak to.- A neighbor: Talk about the weather, the fence, other neighbors.
- A local hooker: Talk about prices, possible discounts, other hookers.
- A shopkeeper: Talk about the local area news, freshness of produce other shopkeepers.
- A colleague: Talk about the coffee machine, the boss, other colleagues.
Today on my way to work I went down to our bodega on the corner for a banana and water. I stopped going there in the mornings for a long time because the man behind the counter would constantly hit on me and ruined it for me. Lately the shop has changed hands but he still works there; and Bruno came to befriend him during all the mornings he stops in when he gets home form work. Turns out he’s buddies with him now. Anyway, this morning I decided to actually introduce myself since he now knows I really do have a boyfriend. His name… Moosa (I don’t know how you spell that… sorry)! Anyway, nice to meet you Moosa!
Next… this past weekend Bruno and I were heading out for some quality people watching time on our fire escape, when our temperature reader fell 5 flights and scared the hell out of our 1st floor neighbors who were outside smoking. Bruno went down and chatted with them as he recovered our device, while I stayed in the apartment. Today however, on my way in with Bruno we ran into him… so, my 1st floor neighbor and I introduced ourselves… I sadly have forgotten his name already (yikes!). But hey, you can borrow eggs and sugar anytime neighbor!
No comments:
Post a Comment