Thursday, August 5, 2010

Day 41: Apply for knighthood

Day 41: Apply for knighthood

Don't remain plain old Mr. or Mrs. J. Schmoe all your life. To become a Knight or a Dame, simply write to the British Prime Minister c/o the Prime Minister's Office, 10 Downing St, London SW1A 2AA, United Kingdom. Explain what exceptional achievement or service you feel merits the award of a knighthood. Previous successful applicants have used the following, just to give you an idea: >>been head nurse for 60 years<<>>Nobel Peace Prize<<>>raised millions for obscure charity<<>>served in minor government position for whole life<<>>won World War 2<<>>saved cat from extra-tall tree<<>>Even better, get the President to recommend you. The honors ceremony takes place on the Queen's birthday. So make sure you keep it free! US citizens please note: Non-subjects may not style themselves Sir or Dame, though they may place the appropriate letters after their name.

I felt ridiculous doing this as there are many more people out there than me who deserve to be a Knight or Dame, but since I'm on the mission to do this book I have mailed the letter. I mentioned some of the volunteer work I've done, my love for mentoring those coming into my field of work as well as those needing help within it. Who knows if anyone will actually read this letter and I doubt I will get a response back, but you never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment