Saturday, August 28, 2010

Day 63: Break a world record



Day 63: Break a world record


Difficult: 
-Fastest Man on earth (C. Lewis 26.95mph)
-Longest manned space flight (V. Poliyakov 437 days, 17 hrs, 58 min, 16 sec)
-Hottest Planet in the solar system (864 degrees F, Venus)


Average:
-Largest pumpkin (106 lbs. Nathan and Paula Zehr, USA)

-Longest letter to an editor (25, 513 words, J. Sulzbaugh in >>The Upper Dauphin Sentinel of Pennsylvania<< 1979)
-Longest paper plane flight (20.9 seconds, Chris Edge and Andy Currey, UK 1996)
-Most mosquitos killed in 5 min (21 Henry Pellonpaa Finland, 1995)


Easy (no record officially established):
-Most zits on face (teenager/adult)
-Longest time holding up an umbrella
-Quickest recitation fo the alphabet
-Longest occupation of attic


How to register your world records: contact
THE GUINESS BOOK OF WORLD RECORDS
++44 891 517 607 or write to:
Guinness Publishing Ltd.
338 Euston Rd.
London, NW1 38 D, UK


I haven't been able to complete this yet because I haven't had time to beat a world record.  I am throwing some ideas around of what I could possibly do.  However, when you actually go to the website its a lot of rules and less categories then what this book makes it out to be.  I'm hoping to do something with art, we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment