Thursday, August 5, 2010

Day 37: Today Eat and Run

Day 37: Today Eat and Run

RUNNER ETIQUETTE:

1) Wait until the coffee course, particularly if there is a set menu.

2) Do not leave your date behind, unless you are sure it is the last time you wish to see them.

3) Do not start actually »running« until you are outside the restaurant.

4) Do not select the heaviest items on the menu. Running on a bouillabaisse is medically inadvisable.

5) Beginners and the shy: Do a practice »runner« before ordering any food.

Ok so I’ll admit I have done this before. Therefore, I wasn’t going to do it again. At a nameless place and time I was low on funds and on a lunch break (which in hindsight was the perfect time); I went to a place that serves sushi, not the made to order kind but the kind that comes in the little trays, I grabbed a roll and realized it was way over priced. I walked past the cashiers and everyone behind the counter as if I’d already paid and went to a table. I ate my roll and drank my diet coke threw the trash away and sat there for a few minutes texting on my phone. After a bit I got up and walked out. I guess it isn’t as bad as doing this at a place with servers but then I’d feel really awful because I once waited tables and couldn’t do that. I feel that living here and all the costs and expenses for food make up for a ten-twelve dollar sushi roll and a dollar diet coke.

No comments:

Post a Comment