Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Day 23: Plastic Fantastic

Day 23: Plastic Fantastic

How do you know you look as good as you could? Today make a no obligation appointment with a plastic surgeon and see what he recommends.

Average Prices*

Botox $400

Wrinkle Injection $300 (persite)

Ear Pinning $3000

Facelift (minor) $6000

Facelift (major) $10000

Nose Reshaping $3500

Cheek Augmentation $4000

Lip Augmentation $1500

Neck Lift $3000

Liposuction $2500

Chin Augmentation $4000

*Financing play: e.g. cheek augmentation $4000 spread over 36 months, no down payment at 18.9% APT, first 6 monthly payments »interest-free« at nominal rate $153.45, next 30 payments $349.98. Contact one of our qualified consultants for a full quote valid 24 hours from today. **Non-refundable. Separate insurance recommended. Under 18’s parental consent required. On approved credit.

I have only just begun this one. I have to wait for my insurance to kick in to actually go to the appointment but I’m going to be going begining to mid-May to see what they say. I will be going to:

Dr. Philip Miller

I actually don’t really believe in getting plastic surgery unless you need it for medical reasons, or unless you were somehow disfigured etc. If you stay the weight you should be, wear sunscreen/stay out of the sun, drink lots of water and eat foods that are good for you then you really shouldn’t need anything for wrinkles. Plus, people get old and the more you try to fight it the more ridiculous you look… you can always tell a woman’s age by her hands and neck. Try as you might, in the words of Thom Yorke “gravity always wins”. Besides, what’s so wrong with laugh lines?! I also don’t believe in getting facial modifications either because it is what traces us back to our family genes. I don’t look down on people that do think they need it, its all a personal opinion. Regardless, I’m going to follow through on the book, and do just a facial assessment to see what they say. I actually can’t wait to find out the results!

Fake Plastic Trees - Radiohead

A green plastic watering can
For a fake chinese rubber plant
In the fake plastic earth

That she bought from a rubber man
In a town full of rubber plans
To get rid of itself

It wears her out, it wears her out
It wears her out, it wears her out

She lives with a broken man
A cracked polystyrene man
Who just crumbles and burns

He used to do surgery
On girls in the eighties
But gravity always wins

And it wears him out, it wears him out
It wears him out, it wears him out

She looks like the real thing
She tastes like the real thing
My fake plastic love

But I can’t help the feeling
I could blow through the ceiling
If I just turn and run

And it wears me out, it wears me out
It wears me out, it wears me out

And if I could be who you wanted
If I could be who you wanted
All the time, all the time

No comments:

Post a Comment