Thursday, August 5, 2010

Day 39: Learn to Speak Swedish!

Day 39: Learn to Speak Swedish!

New languages open up possibilities for new meetings. Today learn these useful phrases in Swedish. You never know when they may come in handy.

Hello: Halla

Goodbye: Hej da

You are beautiful: Du ar vacker

Thank you for the food: Tack for maten

My name is…: Mitt namn ar…

I am from…: Jag kommer fran…

That is a lovely hat: Det dar ar en vacker hatt

Where is the little boys room?: Vart ligger den lille gossens rum?

Nice meeting you: Trevligt att rakas.

And if you find those easy to learn, these ones will definitely impress your Nordic friends:

There is a smurf buried in my butter: Det ligger en smurf begravd i mitl smor

The palms of my feet are constructing portals for you while you sleep: Mina fotsulor konstruerar portaler at dig medan du sover.

I am a tiger. Only kidding! I used to be a tiger but I’m not anymore: Jag ar en tiget. Nej, skojar bara! Jag brukade vara en tiger men inte nu langre.

A tractor has recently landed in my backyard. Is it your cousins?: En traktor har nyligen landat i min bakgard. Ar det din kusins?

That gargoyle is very contemporary.: Den dar gargolen ar mycket modern.

You are a sausage: Du ar en korv

I am in the market for some Bolivian alabaster: Jag ar pa marknaden for att hitta lite Bolivisk alabaster.

There’s a bunch of daffodils on the rampage: Ett gang maskrosor har bilvit tokiage och mordar folk.

Beat me, Mr. Badger!: Sia mig, herr Bajskorv!

My contact lens fell into that volcano on the right: Min kontakt-lins foil ner i den dar vulkanen till hoger.

**Note please excuse the fact I didn’t use the accents on the words**


Some of these are hilarious and stupid at the same time, and I’m pretty sure if you acutally said any of these while in their country they’d probably beleive you have no idea how to speak the language at all. The normal ones and counting to ten, which I did try, I probably butchered. I was never good at learning languages though!

No comments:

Post a Comment