
Day 24: Barter Day
Bartering provides fun for all the family, bypasses the taxman, and is a useful skill to acquire in the event civilization should suddenly revert to the Stone Age. Here are some useful equivalences to get you started.
2 sticks = 1 stone
1 mud hut = 4 donkeys
1 leaf = 5 dead ants
1 giraffe = 1 bicycle
2 apples = 1 loaf of bread
1 cow = 2 dogs
12 french fries = 1 pencil
17 seat belts = 1 years cable subscription
2 bottles of vodka +1 scarf = 1 guitar
3 eighteen-wheelers = 1 small house with no window
1 motorbike = 1 front garden
110 fresh eggs = 1 DVD
1 cell phone = 1 big rock
1 skyscraper + 4 pears = 2 remote villages
I did try to do this… I was over at Billy’s antiques next to where the Shepard Fairey mural went up. They have a bunch of jewelry and I asked the guy if he would be willing to trade something for any of the pieces. He said it would have to be an antique of the same value in order for that to work. Unfortunately I didn’t have any antiques on me and he refused to take anything that wasn’t one. The only ones I have, have too much significant value to trade for. Good to know its possible though, maybe I can find something good to go trade them for. Check out Billy’s here: Billy’s Antiques.
No comments:
Post a Comment