

Day 5: Mass Social ExperimentCut out and stick this sign on any item of public infrastructure you might encounter today, including but not limited to: elevators, garbage trucks, cranes, phone booths, toilets, ventilation units, escalators, entrances to subway stations. the aim is to achieve comprehensive social breakdown across the US.
Well I have to say that I absolutely loved the idea of this one and would have been happy to put them everywhere in NYC that I went today and sat to watch everyone ignore or follow the sign. Unfortunately a couple things happened; #1 it was so hot out today (all of a sudden) that I wasn’t prepared to spend much time out and about, and #2 there are so many people and cameras everywhere that sticking up the sign, taking a photo and sneaking out to watch isn’t really as easy as you would think. Having said that, I did put it up on the Realtor code entry box that is up on the available apartment in my building (the sign is still there and prior to this they were actively showing the apartment). I also put one on the toilet in the single bathroom at Chipotle, and on one of the ATM’s on Orchard in the Lower East Side. I’m assuming both of those are still there… I’ll check the ATM in the morning! I think I’d like to do this one again on my own sometime in the future so to be continued…
**Update to this post: The one of the ATM was still there not too long ago when I checked which I thought was hilarious, even a little paper sign will stop people from doing something. The Realtor came by a day or two after I put this on the door. She was like "Oh no! What happened?! No one told me there was a problem!" She freaked out for a mintue with a potential tenant, then she tried it anyway. Needless to say she took it down. As for Chipotle, I guess we'll never know**
No comments:
Post a Comment