


Day 13: Send a letter to a mass murderer
#1 Richard Ramirez aka Night Stalker > 16 victims > Death Row at San Quentin
#2 David Berkowitz aka Son of Sam > 6 victims > Kings County Hospital
#3 Peter Sutcliffe aka The Yorkshire Ripper > 13 victims > Broadmoor Special Hospital
#4 Dennis Nilsen > 15 victims > Holloway London
#5 Edmund Kemper aka The Co-Ed Killer > 10 victims > CA Medical Facility
#6 Charles Manson > 6+ victims > CA State Prison
#7 Angel Resendez aka The Railroad Killer > 9 victims > Death Row Livingston TX
#8 Theodore Kaczynski aka The Unabomber > 3 victims > Florence CO
#9 Robert Lee Yates Jr aka Spokane Serial Killer > 14+ victims > Death Row Washington State Penitentiary
I’m behind in my posts! On this day I didn’t have time to actually write the letter, the new job is pretty busy. However, I did spend time researching who I’m going to send my letter to. Now obviously they’re ALL serial killers so one is really not better than the other in real life terms. For the practice of this exercise though and for safety reasons etc I tried to find the least creepy/risky to send a letter to. I’ll give you a brief overview of why I chose the one I did! I’m writing the letter this weekend and sending it Monday… return address or no return address, now that is the question!
#1 The Night Stalker- this man was actually doing this during the time my parents lived in California and I was only a year old when this was going on. I don’t want to have any common coincidence to a killer that I write (i.e. we were both in Cali at that time and who knows… it could have been us).. no thanks!! Then there’s the strong sense of Satanism which creeps me out and the fact that he partially blames a rock song by AC/DC (I HATE when killers do that its a huge annoyance to me… sorry you’re just crazy don’t blame good music for that). Then there’s the fact that he’s up for parole and married a crazy fan of his (too available to the outside world still). Not writing this one. For more creepiness: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Ramirez
#2 Son of Sam - Number ONE reason, he’s way too close to home, if this crazy got loose he’s right over the bridge in Brooklyn AND he’s in an insane asylum prison… I prefer bars for my serial killers thanks! This one thought his neighbors dog was possessed by a demon telling him to commit the crimes (weird) among other satanist cult theories (creepy). So again no thanks. For more on this one: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Son_of_Sam
#3 The Yorkshire Ripper - At first I thought ok, this guy is all the way in England so I’ll write him… they I read further and saw this: “…Sutcliffe could be released from custody if the parole board decides he is no longer a danger to the public. He was originally sentenced to a minimum of 30 years, so he could be released from prison in 2011…” Great… all I need is to be the last girl to write a schizophrenic being released from prison. NEGATIVE. For more info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Yorkshire_Ripper
#4 Dennis Nilsen- All I had to do was read the first paragraph to know this guy was WAY too sick for me to send a letter to, he used to “retain corpses for sex acts…”. NEXT! For more of the gruesome: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dennis_Nilsen
#5 The Co-Ed Killer- So if you thought #4 was gross I can’t even begin to tell you how disturbed I am about what this guy did to his Mom. I’m so appalled I can’t even type it. Definitely not wasting my time sending this guy a note! If you want to read the details go here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edmund_Kemper
#6 Charles Manson- To be honest I thought this guy could be the one to write to because he’s such a public figure I know he gets so many letters regularly that it wouldn’t be out of the ordinary to get one more from me. Plus I just read an article in Details (the one RPatz was on the cover) about a rocker who finds out he’s Manson’s biological son and he wrote back and forth with him for awhile. But then the whole creepiness of it all and I read about Kaczynski and moved on. For more info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Manson
#7 The Railroad Killer- Died June 27th 2006 on Death Row in Texas… on to the next one… For more info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%81ngel_Maturino_Res%C3%A9ndiz
#8 Unabomber - Well in the world of serial killers he seems the least creepy and crazy… more of an extremest with the smarts and anger to build bombs. First of all he killed the least number of people, secondly he’s in prison for life without the possibility of parole. Also, he’s been an active writer in prison sending letters and making donations of books and other possessions which are being sold online to raise money for the victims that were hurt in his attacks. So he’s the one I will be sending a letter to. His info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unabomber
#9 The Spokane Serial Killer - By the time I got to him on the list I’d pretty much decided on the Unabomber… you can only read about so much rape and murder before it all begins to be the same horrible act over and over. There wasn’t a ton of info on him on wikipedia but if you’re interested look here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Lee_Yates
After I send the letter I’ll circle back to this post, and especially if I get an answer!
No comments:
Post a Comment