Sunday, August 15, 2010

Day 57: Today, try food that scares you

Escargot at Cafe Carbon
Picked Tomatoes and Pickles at Katz Delicatessen
Me tasting the pickled tomatoes.
Day 57: Today, try food that scares you

Tripe
Snails
Brussels Sprouts
Dog
Frog's Legs
Horse
Oysters
Tiger Testicle
Jellied Eel
Haggis

I have to say that I love Brussels sprouts and oysters, I have tried things not on this list that are strange as well, such as:
Alligator
Ostrich Egg
Buddah Hand
Buffalo
Various sushi that some would find questionable
and various other things...
I love trying new and different foods, so when the opportunity presented itself to eat escargot at the French restaurant downstairs from my house Bruno and I jumped on it.  We were kind of nervous about it but once we tried it, it was actually very good.  hey have a lot of spices on them and a great flavor.  We've gone back again since.  Also, the other day my sister, Bruno and I went to Katz Delicatessen in our neighborhood.  We got table service and they gave us pickled tomatoes which looked disgusting.  However, in the name of this challenge I figured why stop with escargot, lets try these picked tomatoes.  They weren't that good to me but they weren't terrible.  Next time though, I'll pass on those!

No comments:

Post a Comment