Thursday, August 5, 2010

Day 35: Today give little tasks to people around you

Day 35: Today give little tasks to people around you

Smile more often when you see me… Be more strict with me on Wednesdays… When you next see me, pretend we’ve never met… Offer me flowers more often… When I say something witty, praise me… Water my desk plants… Sleep with me… Spy on my spouse for me… Taste my food with poison… Hold my hand to cross the street… Tell me something cute… Buy me an expensive car… Salute me… Let me win all discussions… Let me have the remote tonight… Read me a bed time story… Comfort me… Take a bath… Watch my back… Answer my telephones… Hold the elevator for me… Tell me what to do… Buy me lunch… Tell me if my breaths stinks… Tie up my laces if they come undone… Greet me with a bow… Whistle my favorite tune… Let me win at chess for once… Hug me… Don’t let me forget my umbrella again… Be my slave for the day… Pick my nose… Never talk to me again… Wake me up if I snore… Organize my surprise birthday party… Carry my book for me today… Do what I say… Don’t leave me alone… Read me my horoscope… Help me make a baby…

Um… these things are ridiculous! However, this happened on the perfect day because my designer was out of the office and I did have to take care of some things and give some orders. I handed out a print to a local company to print sample yardage of, I had our embroiderer come in to get some things we needed made. I gave some directions to our seamstresses and anyone else that came by with questions that I had information to answer. Of course, all of these things require requests and those are the kind of orders I prefer to give, not like some of the ones above that are a little degrading! I’ve always been good at giving direction so today was pretty natural. It would have been a little easier if I’d been at the company longer, but that will come.

No comments:

Post a Comment