Friday, August 6, 2010

Day 43: This evening write a proper account of your day


Day 43: This evening write a proper account of your day

If Winston Churchill found time to write in his diary when he was busy fighting World War II, so can you.  Here’s a typical entry:

06/06/44.  Woke up 8-ish, slept fairly well though had a strange dream featuring an elepahnt and a mongoose, perhaps attributable to that third bottle of claret.  I really could not find the engery go rouse myself but Clemmie insisiterd that I should go and fight the war.  Bless her.  Arrived at War Office at midday to find Monty a mess over D-day.  As far as I can tell everything seems to be going to plan.  Am not really that intersted since they forbade me to joni in.  Anyhow, other that that, not much of a day.  Scrambeld eggs for dinner.  Bed now.


06/05/10
Today I woke up as usual at about 5:15 am since I can no longer sleep past this time.  I got up did my usual routine of getting ready in the morning.  Bruno was still not back from DC but was on a bus on his way.  I said goodbye to Poppy and headed out to work.  I ended up taking a cab there since there was still a heat advisory and I didn't feel like being a sweaty disaster by the time I got to work.  I picked up my usual Starbucks and headed to the office.  When I got here work went about as usual.  Made a few repeats, a dozen plaids, posted a blog post, returned emails, and had lunch.  Around 2 Bruno arrived in town so I met him downstairs to say hello since he had to work tonight.  Sent out some freelance work around 5 and then headed over to Sliante to meet my old friends from Oshkosh.  We had a few drinks and talked for a few hours (love those guys), until I headed home to join my sister at about 8:45 for Project Runway, and House Hunters (Savannah... fitting) before bed.  Went to sleep around 11 and Bruno would be home around 5.

I always wish I could keep a journal, but I end up looking back on things I wrote and thinking it sounds stupid... I don't know why I have this problem.  Anyway I guess this blog is kind of journaling things for me... just remind me not to read it later!   **In case you weren't aware by the date, we're up to current posting again**

No comments:

Post a Comment